First Responder Community
(Co sponsors wanted or sponsor your own)
Goal per package: from $68,000.00 each package
Time: Open ended
Millions of people enjoy the tens of thousands of beaches however, only a very small percentage have the necessary emergency equipment to attend to rescues, medical incidents and safety management.
This surf lifesaving emergency equipment package consists of the basic equipment needs to fulfill an initial beach response to an incident. Additionally as populations grow and encroach many beach areas each year so does the demand for additional equipment and infrastructure. The FRC provides Life saving groups opportunities to expand their equipment needs in their localities and continue their fantastic services.
The package includes
- RESCUE WATER CRAFT (RWC) and trailer – Approx, $28,000.00 Otherwise known as wave runners, RWC’s are a fast, highly maneuverable piece of equipment ideally suited to the surf environment.Although RWC’s cannot cater for the quantity of patients that the Inflatable Rescue Boat (IRB) can, it offers an operational capacity that makes it an ideal vehicle for use by lifeguards and rescue services. It allows for lifesavers to quickly access a patient in rough surf conditions. It allows for the patient to be rescued and within minutes to be on shore receiving medical treatment. RWCs allow for:
- Increased beach patrols;
- Delivery of greater rescue and medical services providing a safer environment for the community;
- Greater time efficiencies for victims to access vital medical treatment; and
- Enhanced community awareness of safe surf practices, which is directly measurable against an increase in preventative actions along the coastline.
- ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE (ATV) – Approx, $22,600.00
- The compact size of the ATV and 4WD capability allows access to difficult areas along the shoreline that are inaccessible by other vehicles;
- Allow the extension of their patrols to areas outside the flagged area on the beach;
- Head lights provide vision for search and rescues at night;
- It enables emergency services such as paramedics to be transported to a remote location to assist a surf lifesaver who is performing emergency first aid;
- Access via an ATV allows a surf lifesaver to provide early access to a patient in the first crucial moments of an incident.
- An ATV can tow a jet ski down the beach, to another beach or on road ways in emergencies allowing time critical entry to areas which are inaccessible by sand due to man-made or natural obstructions.
The use of ATVs in Surf Life Saving Clubs around the country has proved successful due to the vehicle’s ability to provide extended beach surveillance and immediate first aid treatment whilst at the same time alleviating potential resource issues.
- RESCUE BOARD x 2 – Approx, $3,250.00 One of the original pieces of rescue equipment but still one of the best and most utilized. The rescue board is designed for a lifesaver to perform a rescue close to shore and transfer the patient back into shore.The rescue board, manned by a skilled and experienced lifesaver, provides:
- A fast and reliable means of reaching patients;
- Efficient flotation so that rescue breathing can be commenced in the water;
- Support for a number of persons in the water;
• In the event of a group or mass rescue, a board will keep a number of people afloat while supporting rescue operations are put into effect.
- RESCUE TUBE x 2 – Approx, $300.00 An effective and very widely used rescue device that allows a lifesaver to take flotation to a person in distress and bring them back to shore.
- DEFIBRILLATOR – Approx, $3500.00 Deﬁbrillators are a vital piece of equipment for successful resuscitation of a patient who has suffered cardiac arrest. Once only available for use by doctors, today deﬁbrillators are being used safely and successfully by trained surf lifesavers. It is known that early access to an Automated External Defibrillator is one of the most important factors that assist in the successful resuscitation of heart attack victims with ventricular fibrillation. The introduction of defibrillation in the pre-hospital setting for the treatment of sudden out of hospital cardiac arrest, has led to improved patient survival.
- SPINAL BOARD – Approx, $450.00 Essential for suspected spinal injuries and moving patients who are unable to walk.
- OXYGEN RESUSCITATION KIT – Approx, $1600.00 A portable ‘soft pack’ carries a large range of equipment such as the oxy-resuscitator kit, therapy regulator and adult resuscitator with masks. The oxy viva is vital to the recovery of a patient and is often used to increase the level of oxygen in the patient’s blood stream following:
- Near drowning;
- Cardiac arrest; or
- Severe allergic reactions
FIRST AID KIT – Approx, $695.00
The First Aid Kit is an essential resource to every Surf Life Saving Club. Over 34,000 First Aid Treatments were performed last season, from minor cuts and marine stings to suspected fractures and spinal damage.
- NECK BRACE – Approx, $40,00 Assists in the manual stabilization of a patient’s neck with a suspected spinal injury.
- Delivery to required locations
- Government registrations
- Branding and Handover for donors
- Training for designated users
The Decontamination UV-C Lights will be available to all localities in need of emergency response decontamination equipment.
Create a fundraising group
If you, your group or your community raise all the funds for one or many items then those items will be made available directly to a Civil Defence, Rescue, Law Enforcement or Paramedic service in the locality of your choice. A plaque will also be placed on the item/s with your name or community as the donor/s for the life of the item.
Become a Volunteer Project Manager for this project
By becoming a volunteer First Responder Project Manager (FRPM) in your locality or company you can determine where the project will be allocated (whether it is a hospital, clinic, rescue unit, ambulance service etc), we will assist you in raising funds in any of our projects and provide you with templates, tools and fundraising information. Whether it is for this project or any other First Responder Community (FRC) initiative you can use your existing skills and expertise or learn new ones. Our Project Managers Program will provide you with excellent contacts and ideas to broaden your horizon in this highly respected profession. Contact us on: 0450962213, for more information about becoming a project manager [ link here ]
Sponsor or co-sponsor this Project
If your business or organisation is looking for a rewarding project to get behind that will provide lasting and significant benefits to the whole community, whilst giving you a higher profile then the FRC projects and events can do just that. Contact us on: 0450962213: for more information about becoming an sponsor or co-sponsor [ link here ]
Reliance on Foreign made products can be a hindrance during periods of national emergency or large demands, local manufacturers are encouraged to list their products with us and gain our support in raising funds for their supply to needy communities. For more information about becoming a Manufacturer [ link here ]
We are looking for national, state and local sponsors for a host of First Responder Community events, activities and competitions. If your organisation wishes to be part of this dynamic and innovative community please Contact us on: 0450962213: for more information about becoming program Sponsor [ link here ]
Other Corporate donations
If your business has any new vehicles and computers that are surplus to your needs we can use these for a variety of purposes, we particularly need tray trucks and light vehicles, mini buses where we can convert them to Emergency response purposes. Contact us on: 0450962213: for more information about becoming a Corporate Donor [ link here ]
- First Responders and families across the country will receive faster and more efficient logistic support in their hour of need.
- You will receive a free one year family membership to the FRC and a Certificate of Appreciation for Investments of $200 or more
- If you, your business or community invest or project manage the entire funding project you can have your company sponsorship logo placed on the project item. You will also be invited to the handing over ceremony.
- Major sponsors will receive a free Business Listing on the FirstnetAU Civil defence Register
- Your organisation will receive unlimited free job vacancies on our National Recruitment website